LIGHTS ABOUT TO TAKE FLIGHT FINGERS CROSSED

Follow the email threads- we are in the process of getting our lights in the air and into the hands of our solar buddies in Kenya

Mike Trust – SolarBuddy.org
11 Jul
to me
Hi Richard
This is what we put on our shipments:
LED Light containing Nickel Metal Hydride batteries, not restricted as per SP A199
Hope this helps

Mike Trust
COO

Richard Hainsworth
12 Jul
to Mike
Good morning Mike
Thanks for this. Had a good conversation with Australia Post but no luck with the Kenya’s High Commission here in Australia..they were closed ..at 2pm!
Any luck with your contacts who are flying over ?
Cheers

Mike Trust – SolarBuddy.org
13 Jul
to me
Hi Richard
I have asked if it is OK and am waiting for a response
All the best

Richard Hainsworth
13 Jul
to Mike
Ok, thank you.

Mike Trust – SolarBuddy.org
13 Jul
to me
Hi Richard

Lyndon and Kathy have kindly agreed to take the lights with them to Kenya – they leave early next month and will be visiting schools / orphanages in Western Kenya. Shall I organise to collect your lights and ship them to them?

They will provide images and letters from the kids in Kenya

All the best

Richard Hainsworth
14 Jul
to Mike
Wow this is fantastic news.

Yes please let me know what is the best way to get the lights back to you or to them, what ever works best? We are happy to follow your lead.

I will get the lights ready with the students when the school term starts next week.

They are going to be so stoked.

Thanks again – if you want to forward on our details to them, or let me know how we can make things easier for Lyndon and Kathy

Again our deepest gratitude.

Richard Hainsworth
18 Jul (13 days ago)
to mercy, Mike

Good morning Mike
I am keen to help make the shipping / travel process as smooth and as successful as possible for Lyndon and Kathy so that the lights can get to Mercy from Kakenya’s college
Would it be possible to share this with Lyndon and Kathy?

Ta

Mike Trust – SolarBuddy.org
18 Jul (13 days ago)
to me
Hi Richard

Lyndon and Kathy are only going to one location and the plan was for them to distribute them to the orphanages they are actually visiting – not sure how they will be able to get them to Mercy unless Mercy can collect from them at their location but that could be on the other side of Kenya

Do you still want Kathy and Lyndon to take the lights with them?

All the best

Richard Hainsworth
18 Jul (13 days ago)
to Mike, mercy
Good afternoon Mike

I totally understand. At the end of the day as long as the lights make there way over to Kenya its a great win. I will check with Mercy and get her thoughts on this, as I would dearly love to set up something long term.

I will send up the lights back to you by the end of this week or next week .

Thanks again

Mercy Ngeno
27 Jul (4 days ago)
to me, Mike
Dear Richard & Mike,

I am so sorry i missed your email trail!

Kindly let me know how Lyndon’s and Kathy’s flight schedule is. I can organize to meet them at the airport once they land or we can see what will work best for them basing on the schedule.

Thanks,

Mercy

Richard Hainsworth
27 Jul (4 days ago)

to Mercy, Mike
Hello Mercy

I am not sure what airport Lyndon and Kathy are arriving at. My understanding is that they plan to travel to east of Kenya. So I will leave it their hands and Mike to discuss and plan.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

We are very excited and dearly hope that the lights make it to you.

Mercy Ngeno
27 Jul (4 days ago)
to me, Mike
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your response.
Let me wait for an update from Mike after their discussion.
We are so grateful for all your efforts & sacrifices in ensuring the lights get to us!

Regards,

Mercy

Mike Trust – SolarBuddy.org
Attachments09:22 (32 minutes ago) Monday 31/7/17
to Lyndon/Kathy, Richard
Hi Lyndon, Kathy and Richard,

I have booked Couriers Please to collect the 40 lights from Brigidine College Randwick and ship them to Lyndon and Kathy. They should be collected tomorrow.
Richard – can you please print the attached label and stick it onto the bucket for shipment.
Lyndon and Kathy – Richard would like to find out more about where the lights are going so can I leave him to contact you directly

All the best

Mike Trust
COO

Richard Hainsworth
10:27 (5 hours ago)

to Donna, Eleanor, Mike, Lyndon/Kathy
Good morning Mike

Thanks so much for this. The lights are all packed ready to go.

Good morning Lyndon and Kathy, on behalf of our year 8 design and technology students here at Brigidine College Randwick, I wish to convey our deepest thanks and gratitude for your support with the lights.

We are so very excited, my year 8 students this morning were quickly checking out possible flights paths and arrival times even though they didn;t even know which day you were flying out.

We have set up a little site to help student’s collaborate with the project and stay up date.

I have CC Eleanor Hall from the ABC. She interviewed Dr Kakenya Ntaiya and this interview has been instrumental in effecting great change here in Australia. By way of crazy connections Eleanor’s daughter is in my year 8 Design class and this is how we came up with the concept of ‘making connections’.

Ok enough from me I am sure you are very busy getting things ready but just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you.

Sincerely,